"Our purpose is to inspire and champion coaching excellence, to advance the coaching profession, and make a sustainable difference to individuals, organizations, and in turn, society."
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching® (AC) was established in 2002 and is a leading independent, and not-for-profit professional body dedicated to promoting best practice and raising the awareness and standards of coaching, worldwide.
As an inclusive body, with members in over 60 countries, it is made up of professional coaches, academic institutions, trainers and providers of coaching, as well as sponsors of coaching from the third sector through to large corporates, building coaching cultures.
Association for Coaching Purpose, Vision and Objectives:
“Our purpose is to inspire and champion coaching excellence, to advance the coaching profession, and make a sustainable difference to individuals, organizations, and in turn, society.”
- To build a coaching community on a global scale, where there is sufficient need and potential for coaching.
- To grow an international membership base to a minimum of 25,000.
- To align or partner with individuals and organizations whose purpose and aspirations align with our own, bringing coaching deeper into business and society.
- To build a vibrant, energizing and knowledge rich online environment to support the profession’s sustainable growth and development.
- To position the AC at the leading edge of the profession’s evolution, enabling the AC to be the coaching community of choice for personal/professional coaches, organizations and corporations involved in the profession.
- To actively advance education and best practice in coaching.
- To develop and implement targeted marketing initiatives to encourage growth to the profession.
- To demonstrate accountability and credibility through role modelling a coach approach.
- To encourage and provide opportunities for an open exchange of views and experiences.
- To collaborate and build a network of strategic alliances and relationships worldwide, to maximize the members’ and the profession’s potential
Association for Coaching membership levels acceptable for Trusted Coaches:
- Full Individual Member
- Accredited Coach
- Accredited Executive Coach
- Accredited Coaching Supervisor
- Honorary Lifetime Fellow
TCD offers a 10% discount on membership for Association for Coaching Accredited Coaches. Find out more in our FAQ section