Working with a Leadership Coach
When you are good at what you do, the natural progression is promotion, and often you are ‘rewarded’ with a management role which includes leading a team of people – with little or no training. Newly appointed managers and even experienced leaders can find this role overwhelming as they struggle to understand how to behave as a leader- which is where a Leadership Coach can help.
Working one-to-one with a qualified, experienced Leadership Coach provides a safe and confidential space to raise your self-awareness of how best to lead with authenticity, to build a cohesive team, and to ensure that objectives are achieved.
Leadership Coaching is a collaborative, one to one relationship between the coach and the leader. The term ‘leader’ can be applied to an executive, manager, supervisor, team leader or business owner — an individual who is in charge of, or responsible for, a team of people.
Whether your focus is on developing a strategy, building your team or managing change, targeted and confidential conversations with your coach will challenge yet support you, enabling you, your team and organisation, to succeed more easily and effectively.
Coaching is driven by the needs of the leader, although the outcomes may also be defined in conjunction with the leader’s line manager. Coaching is a powerful and tailor made development tool which helps individuals to close the gaps in their leadership skill-set.
Leadership coaching is most effective for:
- Providing professional and personal development for those in management positions who have had little or no leadership training
- Helping managers and leaders to address specific issues or enhance their performance
- Developing a positive personal impact
- Creating a highly effective team
- Managing time, pressure and stress
- Managing change
The benefits to the Leader:
- Strategies for managing stress, change, conflict or crisis
- Enhancing personal impact and performance
- Identifying solutions to specific work-related issues
- Coaching generates learning and clarity for forward action with a commitment to measurable outcomes.
The benefits to the organisation
- Greater commitment and buy-in from senior managers and leaders
- More engaged and motivated leaders
- Retaining talent and keeping staff engaged
- Improved management of team members
- Building positive relationships between staff and other departments