When team members and managers require soft skills development, the natural route is to offer a generic training course, for example in assertiveness or time management. Many courses offer excellent content and cover a range of topics, but sometimes a team member needs a more bespoke and personally designed development programme. This is where Performance Coaching can add greater value by helping the individual to address challenges specific to that person.
Working one-to-one with a qualified, experienced Performance Coach provides a safe and confidential space to explore topics such as handling difficult situations, managing stress or giving an engaging presentation. A targeted and confidential conversation with a Performance Coach will challenge yet support the individual, enabling them to perform at their best, more often.
A Performance Coaching Programme is usually created with input from both the coachee (the person being coached) and their line manager, ensuring that outcomes are in alignment with company and team objectives as well as for the individual. This Coaching is a powerful and tailor made development tool which helps individuals to close the gaps in their performance skill-set. It is a trusting partnership between the Performance Coach and the client, typically for a defined period of time.
Find out about our Coach Matching Service
Performance Coaching is most effective for:
- Providing professional and personal development for any team member
- Developing soft skill such as assertiveness, confidence and decision making
- Managing time, pressure and stress
- Managing change
The benefits to the individual:
- Creating strategies for managing stress, change, conflict or crisis
- Enhancing personal impact and performance
- Identifying solutions to specific work-related issues
- Coaching generates learning and clarity for forward action with a commitment to measurable outcomes.
The benefits to the organisation
- Maximising potential of key staff
- Increasing productivity and achieving company objectives
- Retaining talent and increasing staff engagement
- Demonstrating that the organisation values its people