Professional Liability insurance
At Towergate we understand that things don’t always go to plan, no matter how diligent you are as a business.
Our Professional Liability policy protects you against the expense and worry associated with potential legal action taken against you, such as contract or copyright disputes, professional negligence and breach of confidentiality.
We provide a variety of cover in one product, so there’s no need to purchase a portfolio of different policies to ensure you are protected against various possibilities. Our specialist Professional Liability policy provides essential cover for:
- Professional Indemnity
- Public Liability
- Product Liability
- Libel and Slander
This policy also gives you access to:
Legal Expenses – this gives you access to a Free 24/7 Legal Helpline, Pre-Hearing Representation and Fitness to Practice Hearing Defence, and cover to pursue and defend your legal rights arising from Contract Disputes or HMRC Tax Investigations.
Markel Law Hub – to compliment the legal advice line, you have access to the Markel Law Hub, an online resource of expert legal and business guides, templates and content, provided by Markel Law LLP.
- Deliberate or reckless acts
- Legal costs and expenses incurred without or prior to our consent
- Liabilities that should be more specifically insured elsewhere for example Employers’ Liability
*Other exclusions apply, please contact us for details.
Cyber Liability insurance
With cyber-attacks becoming ever more widespread and sophisticated, you need to be sure you’ve got the right protection. What would you do if your business suffered a data breach? Have you got cover for reinstating data? If you’re subject to a regulatory investigation, are your costs covered?
A number of factors in the day to day running of your business can contribute to a data breach – such as lost paper records and ransomware attacks to name but two.
Cyber Liability insurance can give you protection against cyber security risks:
- Data recovery costs
- Dedicated cyber security advice against the latest digital threats
- First-party coverage for cyber extortion
- Business interruption resulting from security breaches and system failures
- Contingent business interruption from incidents occurring at the policyholder’s vendors and suppliers
- eCrime coverage
Special rates for TCD Members
- £1m Limit of Indemnity – £103.06 + Insurance Premium Tax at 12% = £115.42
- £2m Limit of Indemnity – £121.59 + Insurance Premium Tax at 12% = £136.18
- £5m Limit of Indemnity – £154.40 + Insurance Premium Tax at 12% = £172.92
We offer what is referred to as a Full Civil Liability policy to include cover normally provided by Professional Indemnity, Public/Products Liability, Libel and Slander, and Commercial Legal Expenses Insurance. This provides our policyholders with a wide range of cover, enabling them to continue practising without needing to worry about sourcing these products separately. Indemnity limits of £1M, £2M and £5M are available as standard, allowing our policyholders the ability to choose the level of cover that is best suited to their needs.
To get a quote, call the team on 01438 735 251 or visit the Towergate website