Fittingly for a New Year, the theme for this issue is Disruption – changing the very nature of the landscape or market, and introducing a fundamentally new underpinning to displace the status quo. Most coaches acknowledge its potential in our work with clients, but our January edition shows how Disruption comes in all shapes and sizes.
The January 2018 edition at a glance:
- Articles on disruption and coaching, supervision and leadership
- The power of emotion: vulnerability, empathy and optimism to disrupt the status quo are explored an in-depth interview with John Mattone, coach to the late Steve Jobs, and in an article with Maureen Salmon.
- Keys to disruption: Articles on developing an Agile Mindset and the fail-fast approach.
- How women lead differently: Barclays Bank and women’s leadership development.
- And many more articles including: Diversity and the coaching profession; on navigating the white-water, by Olympic canoeist Jonathan Males; coaching in Greece; Emotional Intelligence; and avoiding marketing overwhelm.
- As usual we have some stimulating and informative reviews. This issue we review the recent Coaching in China Conference; two books on leadership; and lessons for the coach and more, from the cancer story of former AC, UK Chair Gill Smith.