Becoming a one-to-one mentor coach
- Are you driven to professionalise the coaching industry?
- Are you motivated to share what you have learned with other coaches about what makes great coaching?
- Do you see a need for coaches around you to sharpen their edge?
- Perhaps you relish the idea of learning more yourself by mentor coaching others?
- Or maybe you are looking to develop your business and add an additional revenue stream?
Mentor coaching will enable you to do all of these things.
Mentor coaching is ‘observed coaching with feedback against a set of competencies, that sharpens the coach’s all-round presence’ (Norman, 2018). As the Mentor Coach, we are enabling coaches to see their blind-spots (Eckstein, 1969) and sharpen their coaching edge that has become dulled over time. it’s important to support and challenge coaches to re-sharpen their edge, repeatedly, so that they can be the best coach they can be for their thinkers. This will increase the reputation of the coaching industry, as more thinkers experience great coaching that moves them forward and enables them to sustain change.
Who is the one-to-one Mentor Coach training for?
- Experienced coaches who are looking to become Mentor Coaches
- Coaches looking to sharpen their skills as a coach, as you will experience mentor coaching as part of the programme
- We will be using the ICF competencies as the benchmark, but you can be aligned with any coaching body with a coaching code of ethics
What are the learning outcomes for this training?
- Explain the differences between mentor coaching and supervision
- Explain the meaning of the core competencies in depth and how they show up in practice
- Articulate the difference between ACC and PCC level coaching for each competency
- Practice one-to-one mentor coaching virtually
- creating a safe environment
- managing the feedback process using the PCC markers
- enabling feedback to be heard
- Be open to receiving feedback about your coaching and your mentor coaching
- Embody a coaching mindset
- Incorporate your code of ethics in your mentor coaching practice
Virtual Training Modules
Please view these on the website.
Pre-requisites for one-to-one Mentor Coach training:
- 300 hours of coaching experience
- ACC (renewed) or PCC for ICF mentor coaching
- Supervisor and/or mentor coach reference
- Commitment to 3 mentor coaching hours per year on your own coaching
- Commitment to 3 supervision hours per year on your mentor coaching
- 2 people to mentor coach from month 5-8
- Abide by a coaching code of ethics
36 CCUs pending for one-to-one Mentor Coach training, for which you will need to complete all live training, mentor coach 2 people and dedicate 11 hours to self-study and reflection.
You will require a copy of Clare’s book. Mentor Coaching: A Practical Guide.
Where does it run?
One-to-one Mentor Coach training takes place virtually over Zoom for Masterclasses and virtual practice sessions.
When is the next one-to-one Mentor Coach training?
Autumn 2020: Mentor Coach training to deliver one-to-one mentor coaching: Live virtual Masterclasses of the new ICF competencies, all sessions run 2-3pm GMT:
- 4th September
- 11th September
- 18th September
- 25th September
- 2nd October
- 9th October
- 23rd October
- 30th October
- 6th November
Experience one-to-one mentor coaching with Clare
- Mutually convenient time in September
Live virtual workshops, all sessions run 1.30-5.00pm GMT:
- 13th November
- 20th November
- 27th November
- 4th December
Implementation Q&A 2.00-3.00pm GMT:
You will also need to dedicate 11 hours to reading and self-reflection.
Please note: Part two: Group Mentor Coaching Training will run in Spring 2021 once we have a quorum.
How do I receive a certificate and *CCEs for this programme?
You will be required to attend all sessions and take part in the practicals. You may listen to recordings of the Masterclasses if you are unable to attend live, but this is not ideal. You will be required to write a short piece about what you are learning and how you will transfer that learning into your practice after:
- The reading
- Each Masterclass
- Listening to your own coaching
- Your own mentor coaching practice sessions
*Pending ICF accredited CCE programme
Full details of the programme can be found on the website.